About 8 years ago I couldn’t understand why my family would get sick on a weekly basis. Someone was always sick! It was like a non-stop game of pass the cold! We were becoming regulars in the ER. Runny noses, coughs, headaches, ear infections and extreme cases of pneumonia were becoming a way of living. Antibiotics and medications galore! As a Mama you care for your children and I knew something was wrong. What could it be?!?! I went through my checklist...is it the food? Is it the water? Is it allergies? Is it the air? Ah, the air, bingo! I loved candles and warmers, and I enjoyed opening my new bars of wax and smelling all the new scents. I had 7 warmers to be exact, and lots of candles here and there scattered throughout the house. Each child had a warmer with a different scent in their room! Part of me didn’t want to accept this was the reason for our sickness, so I decided to experiment. For 1 week I didn’t use any candles or warmers, and amazingly everyone got better overnight. My headache was gone, the kids runny noses stopped, and most importantly no one was sick! However, I wasn’t ready yet to let go of my entire collection of toxic fumes 🙄, so I decided to just use them on special occasions 😉😉. If company was coming over or we were having friends over for dinner I would light all my candles, turn on all the warmers, and break out all my new bars of amazing scents. The house was instantly filled with potent aromas, and it smelled so good! But...within an hour my headache was back, the kid’s noses were running, and the coughs started up. This was our bodies alarm system raising a red flag! I instantly knew the synthetic fumes were hurting us. I quickly turned everything off, blew out all the candles, opened all the windows and doors, and that was the last time I ever used a candle or any type of synthetic fragrance.
It’s important to understand the majority of mainstream candles and scents are made with synthetic fragrances. These synthetic fragrances are not meant to be in the air we breathe. Sure they give these scents catchy names to lure you into buying their products, but ever wonder why it’s rare to find ingredients listed on a candle? It’s because most of them are chemicals. Fragrance to a product is like artificial flavors to food. They can contain hundreds of undisclosed ingredients without you knowing.
This is extremely dangerous because when these chemicals are combined and burned, they release toxic carcinogenic fumes that directly impact your health in a negative way.
Instead of using candles or popular scent bars for your warmers, try using essential oils. Diffusers work wonderfully as well. If using essential oils, be cautious if you have animals, especially cats.
If you need emergency candles look for unscented and choose a more natural product.
Above all, be wise to industrial poisons that are contributing to keeping you sick!
OK B Healthy ♥️ Jacqueline 👩🏽🌾